The Edinburgh Fringe Photographer is Back

All the News, Views and Reviews from the High Street during the Edinburgh Fringe 2011. If you're on it you could be in it!

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Breaking The Photographic Rules "Sniper" 13.8.11





















I watch the street for those moments that I think can inspire me; can help me create images that will be unique to me, or as unique as an inquisitive mind can create.
These are my "what if moments."
I'm not a pack animal, I'm a sniper as described by T.V.G. I work alone, the angles, the shots, the composition is all my own work. It's my head, and my heart that creates the images you see.

I don't follow the crowd. I don't steal ideas. I don't play by photographic rules.

So when I see images that copy my style, my way of looking at the world I laugh.

As a sniper I also don't check my shot, I move on to the next. My shots are checked when I get home.

Today was sniper day. The battalions of photographers shot targets collectively. I walked away, to find a target to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment